Saturday, August 1, 2009

Old men

Older men seem to find me approachable and I am not making this up...my friend noticed this last night. I am now curious about why that is. I have decided to brainstorm a few options.

1) My glasses: I wear glasses and therefore set myself apart from many other women which means:
(a) they think they have a better chance with me since the others seem out of their league
(b) they think glasses means I am more intelligent, going off stereotypes, and they find this more appealing
2) They overheard me speaking and they find my stimulating and attractive
3) I remind them of someone, perhaps their wife?
4) I actually do emanate some form of beacon that attracts them
5) I look old
6) My smell attracts them (and portrays me as older)
7) I have a gift that I do not want
8) All men are attracted to me, but I intimidate the rest in some way...and older men are more confident in themselves
9) Older men still remember how to approach a woman and speak with her
10) I make eye contact with people and do not pass judgment upon them before any words are exchanged
11) __________ (other)

I can talk to anyone and enjoy myself and make them feel they are important and being heard by someone caring and compassionate. I am both of those things. I love people and I try to do as much as I can for all that I can. But I want to understand more about my experience in this world...through the people that interact with me...and I am confused by the characters in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment